Saturday, August 23, 2008

the Scoop

okay here we go. I arrived an hour early because I had a feeling the lines would be long if I got there closer to 5:00. On my way to the line, I met these nice ladies that came all the way from PEORIA. {sorry ladies I forgot your names}. I introduced myself and they were really nice to let me take their picture for my blog.

to entertain us early birds, they hired a magician, had a strobe lights going and 2 bubble machines. as we walked in they were nice enough to give us cold bottles of water. I thought that was very nice as I did not stop along the way to buy something to drink and it was quite muggy today. As they let us in people just scattered all over the place. I am sure we all wanted to run in but we had to act as adults right?

I did find some great things. I did not go crazy and I will post my purchases sometime this week. it was a decent size flea. they had plenty of food to choose from and tons of stuff to buy from JUNK to Jewelery to some collectibles. I found some great deals. All in all, it was a good showing. I saw people enjoying themselves. I had a nice time. I attended by myself because my son ditched me to go fishing with his dad, but I still had a good time. I ran into the people that were behind me and we talked about our purchases.


I talked to a few vendors. Everyone was very polite even though some of them had already been there since 4 am unpacking and they still had to be there till 4:00 am Sunday morning.

I would definitely attend again. I finally reached my vehicle at around 8:00 dropped a load off and decided to go back in. I finally left around 9:20ish as my legs were starting to wear out. PLUS, I did not bring a flashlight and some vendors had lighting and some didn't. It was dark out there in some areas. So I recommend that if you ever decide to attend an all night flea bring your flashlight. People did come prepared. When I was leaving, people were still paying to get in.

I ran into the ladies from PEORIA in the parking lot. They were dropping some stuff off and were heading back in again. YOU GO GIRLS. I was worn out and out of money. These girls were troopers. I hope that they did not have to drive all the way home tonight.

Well that is my story and I am keeping to it. The long awaited day came and went.

Please scroll down if you would like to see more pictures. One thing that did go wrong was that my batteries went dead for my camera and I thought I had grabbed a pair that were charged. BIG BUMMER! At least I got to take a few pics.

So if you are interested to see what I bought stay tuned.

nighty night to ya!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hate that i was sick because it looks like i missed a great flea market. love your pics can't wait to see what else u put up on your blog