Saturday, August 16, 2008

hanging out

my friend Jen came over today to just hang out in my part of town. we hit Naperville downtown, Glen Ellyn downtown and Wheaton downtown. Wheaton holds a farmers market every Saturday. I had no idea, but I will defintely go visit it next Saturday. I love supporting farmers markets. their fruit and veggies looked really fresh. I enjoy eating veggies so that by itself will get me to visit again. I bought a new skirt at the GAP on clearance. I enjoy wearing skirts when possible. Pottery barn had these gorgeous green candle holders for sale. One of the young ladies at the GAP told us we had to go to ETHELS. It's a cute girly place where you can buy their chocolates or have your choice of a few drinks that of course include chocolate. I had the chocolate banana smoothie and my friend had the white chocolate strawberry smoothie. Plus, for 2 extra dollars you have your choice of two pieces of chocolate. I was chocolated OUT by the time I left the store. Really a cute place to go hang out with a friend.

another place you need to visit if you are in Glen Ellyn is a WONDERFUL, I mean WONDERFUL store called VINTAGE LIVING. I have never been to PARIS, but this store just reminded me so much of Paris. I swear it captured it's essence. the owner knows how to display. if you want to purchase something different that you don't see anywhere else YOU need to go to this wonderful store right in the heart of downtown Glen Ellyn. it seriously does not dissapoint. I will post a few pics next.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Patti said...

Your day sounded so much fun and you had perfect weather- which is always a plus! I love downtown Naperville- haven't been there in a few years, but it's so pretty with the Riverwalk and all. They have some pretty cool fests there as well. One of the things I have always wanted to do was to go to the local Farmer's Markets and this summer I did and it was so much fun! I, too, love the idea of supporting locally and there are so many eclectic unusual things to be found at these markets as well. Plus it seems so European- which I love! Hope you get to yours!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite Angie, I had a great time with you walking around Naperville and the Farmer's Market maybe we can fit in another day before i go back to work