Thursday, August 14, 2008

my grandmother's christening gown

this dress is at least 96 or 97 years old. My grandmother died a year ago in May after living such a long life. I don't want to say her life was wonderful because I know so little of about her, but I also don't want to say that it wasn't. I know she was always working around her home and loved her garden. She was always kind when we came to visit once a year for three weeks. Yesterday, while visiting my mother, she showed me my grandma's christening dress. I had no idea my mother was given this wonderful little gown. She pulled it out from it's secret hiding place and we admired it for a while. it is in such great condition. the only thing missing are two little buttons that held the dress closed in the back. It is so beautiful. It got kind of cloudy yesterday afternoon so the pictures are not that great.


I wonder if one day my mother will pass on to me this wonderful dress. I did not ask as my mother was feeling a bit melancholy and I did not want to upset her.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: