Tuesday, December 16, 2008

seam binding



I don't know about you, but I love rayon seam binding. I have been lucky enough to find rolls of it at the flea or at the thrift store. You can dye it, stamp on it, wet it and crush it and let it dry that way. It looks real pretty once it has dried up. I taught a class a while ago at Red Lead in St. Louis on how to dye different things (paper, ribbon). My favorite was seam binding. It came out beautifully. You should try it. I would start off with seam binding that has a lighter color/tone.
If you have not used this ribbon before you should. You will love it as well.

2 comments:

lindaharre said...

Hey girl......I wasn't at Red Lead for your lesson on dying seam binding.....tell....tell! Sounds wonderful! Let us in on the secret:) Love, L.

Relyn Lawson said...

OK. I have a pile of vintage seam binding, but I have just been using it for ribbon. Oh, the opportunities I have missed. I'm going to try it. Soon. You might say, I'm going to dabble in it. My word verification is "dable".