Tuesday, December 9, 2008

getting ready


well I was organizing my little cupbard to see what I am in need of for my holiday baking.
I think I have enough sprinkles to last me a life time. I plan on making cupcakes and maybe a batch of shortbread cookies.
One day my plan is to learn how to make some sort of candy. When I worked at the Farm, in St. Louis, we had a co-worker that always brought in tons of different candy for the holidays. She spoiled us and she was really great at making some neat holiday candy.
Another fun thing I like to make is chocolate covered pretzels. Yummie. Last year I made some with white and regular chocolate. I believe last year I added mint pieces to the chocolate and they came out good.
So will you be baking?

2 comments:

Patti said...

I love that we have so much in common...shortbread is my favorite cookie to bake!!! I also make a "mean" chocolate covered pretzel...one of my fav things for treats and to give as gifts! I too would love to learn to make candy- I have made toffee (I'll be happy to share the recipe) and peppermint bark and stuff that doesn't involve a candy thermometer...but anything more complicated scares me. My dad loved to bake and make tons of complicated candies. Sadly- I did not inherit that ability. Have a fun baking day!

Relyn Lawson said...

Mine is so easy that you can't even call it baking. I love making rocky road candy. Melt chocolate, pour in peanuts and good quality mini marshmallows. Dip out by a big spoon onto wax paper. YUM!! Double YUM!!