Saturday, December 6, 2008

H E L L OOOOOOOOOO!


We are back and we survived the move. to be honest it was a bit overwhelming once you start pulling stuff out to get packed. Did I really have all this stuff??????? Yikes! Definitely will need to down size once I move into our new home. My friend JLO already has first dibs, but if there is something interesting that needs a new home I will definitely post it on my blog.

We did make it though and we are back to the start.

A chapter of our life closed. It really needed to be. I fill more at peace now.

We did make an offer on a house on Friday evening before we left. They accepted! YAY! The house is close to downtown/main street Wheaton.

Hopefully, if all goes well we should be moving in on the 24Th of December. YES, Christmas eve!

Okay enough of my happenings....

Yesterday when the movers were packing up the truck, I drove really fast to my old favorite antique mall on highway 94 in MO. They had some great stuff. I bought this wonderful picture of this young lady, a few Christmas post cards, misc. vintage Christmas picks and pins, plus some other things that I did not take pictures of. (I will try to soon). I love this mall and when I lived in MO I used to frequent it at least once a week if I could. I promised the lady that I would return. Maybe sometime in Spring.

Okay well gotta run. I want to go sit at the table and look through some of my goodies I brought back with me. not sure if I will decorate this Christmas as much as I would like to, but believe me next year my new Little home will be!

2 comments:

Patti said...

Welcome back!!! Wow you've been busy!!! Congrats on the new home and oh my gosh moving on Dec. 24th! That is sooner than you thought, but then you'll have a little time before you start to work. I'm sure it feels better to have things start to fall into place. Love the stuff you bought at the antique mall- you always find uch cool stuff. Try and find some time to relax!!!

Patti

Relyn Lawson said...

I am excited for you regarding your new start. A new home to decorate, too. Isn't it amazing how much stuff we accumulate? Moving is a great way to unload. Of course, I rush right out and fill it back up.