Saturday, November 29, 2008


well Thanksgiving came and went and this year we did not have to drive the 5 hours to get to IL. my mother is such a great cook, I must admit.
You know I stop and think. she is an amazing person. she had guests that are not even part of the family. she had over a young couple with their three children (neighbors) and another young couple that have children as well that his mother past away a few years back. HE calls her MOM. My mother is such a giving person and will open her arms to anyone. they all left happy. I just stop and think how blessed I am to have her as my mother.
my mother and I really did not get along as I was growing up. I was a bit rebellious. not your typical daughter. wanting to go out dancing all the time instead of being home and learning girlie things like sewing or cooking.
we did not get along till I left to MO and got married. our relationship is great now. she still is the mother hen. through the years she has taken in so many of my brothers friends and mine as well. I have a good friend of mine that always says that she learned alot from my mom and practices some of the stuff she learned with her family now. I am blessed. Truly I am.
Yesterday was a very busy day looking for a new home and working on school holiday homework. this is my youngest child. eating a bowl of our favorite, rice crispies and being creative.
I hope you all had a great time with your family/friends and keep enjoying this years holidays season.




2 comments:

Patti said...

Hi! I'm glad your Thanksgiving was so nice- your mom does sound wonderful! How did house hunting go? Where are you deciding to look? Thank you so much for the card- it is so pretty and that was so thoughtful. I hope you have a nice relaxing rest of the weekend.
Patti

lindaharre said...

Yes.......an amazing mom!!! Sounds like you were no more rebellious than the average kid :) What lessons you have learned from her....and I might add....THEY SHOW! Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Look how adorable your boy is....he is getting so big and mature. Thankful hugs from St. Louis!!!