Thursday, November 6, 2008

I am a thrift store junkie

since I did not attend last weekends flea, I decided to take a ride to my old neighborhood and visit the local thrift store. I swear that store does not disappoint. on certain days they have different colors marked at 50% off the price of your item. I wasn't that lucky this week to buy anything at 50% off, but come on at thrift store prices everything is already cheap.

I found two hard cover books from none other then the shabby queen herself Rachel Ashwell. GREAT books in awesome condition for $1.00 each. I was thinking who the heck got rid of these good books. hey I am not complaining another mans junk is my treasure.

I also found a very talk milk glass vase, a few milk glass bowls ( I am digging the bowls because I have been in the cupcake making mood) some jingle bells and a few other treasures.

I am loving going to this thrift store. last week I went with my dad and I left a beveled mirror behind that I think was $4.00 thinking maybe next time. Well it wasn't there anymore.

the workers are constantly bringing stuff out. can you imagine being there every day to see what they bring out. it's totally addicting.

actually, I just found another of their stores in Aurora and if I can take a run there tomorrow I am going to go check it out. Hey it doesn't hurt plus it's way closer.

it's starting to get cold again here in IL and I am sure the fleas will start closing till the spring.

THANK heavens for thrift stores.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, don't you love discovering favorite books for good prices? When I do that, I buy them - even if I already own them. I figure I'll always find someone to give them to.

Becky said...

hi a-
send me your email, k?
b

lindaharre said...

I think I love T-stores as much as you!!!! Yes, they are addictive!!!!! Yesterday I found a wonderful black lamp at my little consignment shop for 27.00! The shade alone looks like about 45.00! Needless to say I was thrilled.......considering that I have been looking for a little lamp for my piano room (where my other BIG thrift store find resides....the black china cabinet:)

Lola Enchanted said...

Hello!!! I too am a thrift store junkie!!!!!!~


Enjoy your weekend