Monday, November 3, 2008

so here is a peak at some of my Christmas card making stash. I found this wonderful paper at Archivers the other day. I will be using some of the images I have pictured. Oh and for some inspiration the December issue of Home Companion.

I swear I read on someones blog that they might be ending this magazine. I would die if they did. I love this magazine and have for many years. I have tons of back issues that I take out all the time to just inspire me or just make me happy. Mary's magazine is just eye candy from front to back.

It's way up there with COUNTRY LIVING another of my favorites.

so I have a little one bugging me to use the computer so I am running out of here before he drives me crazy.....

maybe I will go sit at the kitchen table again to see if I can possibly come up with my Christmas cards finally.




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

A Wild Thing said...

Hey girl, thanks for stopping by...and not to worry, with Bad Scratchy behind the wheel of my truck, no one would dare get within 10 feet of it while she's on duty...even in a cemetary...ha!

But it is true, there are break-ups in the magazine, don't know what is going on with Mary E., but she was fired from Country Home too. The Junk Market girls are not together anymore doing their thing, they were so hot in the beginning. All of the mags are going through rough times right now. Have you noticed how small they are getting. I don't even get excited to get them anymore. I used to love Home Comapanion, but it got to crafty for me, still love Country Home and Living, but am wavering on both. Love Victoria too, but to expensive and too small.

My latest crave is Magnolia Pearl, love her Bohemian style, check out her blog and book.

Keep on a junkin'...

sharon

beth said...

a small tear down my cheek as we say good-bye to "home companion"....one of my favorites, too !!!

Anonymous said...

I heard that Mary E is closing from one of my friends who owns an antique store on Cherokee Row in St Louis just this weekend. I agree with other posts--Mary E got too crafty and not enough of the other stuff. I'm also waivering on Country Living and Country Home. They both look like sad shells of their former selves. There was a time I could sit and read those magazines for hours! Not anymore. Sad all around.