Saturday, July 19, 2008

VINTAGE HALF DOLL

my husband was nice enough to take me to this cute little antique store in Winnefield, IL. what a cute little place it was. an old house transformed into a little antique store. what I loved the most was the wonderful yard. just beautiful with large trees shading the greenery surrounding the yard. I left with this very afordable half doll. affordable because she was made in Japan not Germany. inside on the seem of her dress was written DEC 24- 1957 MHN and at the bottom it says VERA. the voluteer worker was very nice and welcomed me to the area. I also talked to two other ladies from Naperville that were very nice indeed. I am an old soul and I enjoy talking to people. I love this area that we are in because there are forest preserves everywhere. when we were leaving the little antique store we ran into a park that had a waterfall. AMAZINGLY beautiful. we took a walk and sat near the waterfall. I hugged a tree for a while and then came home. I did not have my camera with me, but I will return since it's real close by to my apartment. I hope you are having a good weekend. next week will be the Sandwich, IL antique market which I am going to go attend if GOD permits. my mother is going with me and I will bring my camera along. stay tuned.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

beth said...

gosh....you are such a good poster to your blog !!!

I have a hard time keeping up with you, but I've gone back to read many and I can see that the summer is going well for you....and you seem happy and indeed, at peace !!!

I can't wait to hear about the Sandwich flea....it's been so long since we've been that I will love your perspective on it!!!

hugs to you !

Anonymous said...

Ooo- you got to go to Winfield! That is a real cute town. Have you ever been/heard of Cantigny? It is in Winfield as well. It is a huge park with a few war memorials/museums. There are tanks and things just waitng to be climbed on. It has fabulously beautiful gardens and the McCormick Mansion (where the movie A League of Their Own was filmed). They have classes there on all kinds of subjects as well as concerts. It is a wonderful place to go! Also not too far away is the Morton Arboretum which is beautiful in any season.