Wednesday, July 23, 2008

friends in the city......

I went to my mom's house in the city for a couple of days and met up with my bff friend JLO and her cute family. we went to Navy Pier just to hang out and enjoy the day. it was wonderful. Sunny and not toooo hot. my children have not been to a beach in a long time so before we left the downtown area we went to the beach next to the pier. I could not leave the pier without having a good old Chicago style hot dog and then went to a taco dive named Pacos Tacos on Pulaski. I usually do not buy tacos because I can get that at my mother's house, but I had to try these Jennifer said. they were delicious especially the meat one. I will go there again and recommend it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patti said...

Yup~ Navy Pier is one of Chicago's best jewels!! We were just there last Wed. night playing tourist in the city we live 25 miles from but never get to. There's always something going on there. That night they were doing the Red Carpet Premiere of The Dark Night movie at the Imax so there were lots of celebrity sightings!! We took one of the Seadog boat tours that went up the Chicago River to view the skyline and buildings and get some unusual facts about the city. We stayed for the fireworks- which were spectacular!! I love that place!