Monday, July 14, 2008

I am a CLINICAL COLLECTOR


yesterday I found an annonymous comment that was left for me to read. WHOEVER it was said I was a clinical collector and that this would hinder my individual growth. at first, I was a bit upset. my husband said don't let a comment like that get you upset plus everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I agree with his comments, but as this individual has the right to give their opinion I have the right to say how I feel:

1st - If they had the guts to leave this comment they should have the guts to leave their full name and their e-mail so that I can discuss their diagnosis of me without even knowing me.

2nd - What I decide to do with my life and my money is my business. I appreciate this person's concern for me, but I am an adult and I can make my own decisions. some people use drugs, some people drink and gamble, some people buy clothes etc.....you get my drift. I buy antiques. I DO NOT NEED TO DEFEND MYSELF against this person.

3rd - I collect things because it's fun plus I give these things a nice home. I take care of everything I buy.

So next time, whoever you are... if you decide to diagnose me again PLEASE leave me your name and contact information so that we can discuss why my life upsets you. let me remind you that this is my life and I have free will just like you do.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

beth said...

omg...I can't believe someone would say that to you !!!

and I sure hope they come back and see you what you wrote !!!

{you said it beautifully by the way}

Anonymous said...

Well, my Dear, I'd be upset at first too... before I started laughing! What a weirdo to leave a comment like that. How odd. Now ya know why I enable comment moderation on my blog. I already konw that my life is happily "crazy", and that so am I and most of my like-minded friends. If we are "clinical" then whatever... Sounds like he is the "odd" man out, so to speak. Hurray for our collecting, I prefer to call it "curating" but none the less, we have happy lives. Sour pusses are jealous!

Hugs,
Sheila

Michel said...

"clinical collector" -- that's a new one. Maybe that person is an
"obsessive diagnoser"