Tuesday, July 15, 2008

TOSTADAS

other than just collecting I cook for my family. I probably don't find it as fun as antiquing, but I do. being from a traditional MEXICAN family it's a woman's job to make sure she feeds her man. this is what I had for dinner yesterday. TOSTADAS - maybe not as traditional (missing the refried beans) as the usual, but still pretty delicious and fresh. I love adding sour cream, ham, tomatoes, cilantro, onions and of course the aguacate (avocado). I also drizzle a little bit of jalapeno juice or salsa. I don't like salsa that is toooo hot. so I just thought I would share another part of me that I usually don't share.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum!! Thanks for sharing- it's making me hungry. I know this is not really related to the post, but I know from reading your blog that you just moved (back?) to the Chicago area and you love antiques. I live in the south suburbs and just want to share a few "local" places if you are ever out "down South" First is Orland Park (little downtown antique area), Frankfort, Crete (have to see "Seasons" on Exchange), south on I 57 to Bradley Bourbounais area- a couple of antique malls- the Indian Oaks one is the best right off I 57- lots of little rooms and cool outdoor stuff too! In the western suburbs there's also Hinsdale, LaGrange,Geneva, St. Charles, and Naperville for the pricier crowd and have you heard of Long Grove (notjern suburb)? Hope this helps in your quest to refamiliarize yourself with the Chicago area. Have a nice evening!