Sunday, July 27, 2008

Going to market we go!

Today came and went. My mom and I attended the Sandwich, IL ANTIQUE market. this market is at least 40 minutes from Wheaton going west on 88. I read somewhere that it was expensive and to be honest it is a bit. I told my mom that it's okay if it is I just wanted to attend to go check it out and to spend sometime going somewhere different.

The ride there was wonderful. Country roads, corn and old barns. I love the country. They had some great stuff and you will see from the pictures below, but YES on the pricier side. I saw a few vendors that I recognized from the St. Charles Kane County flea market. My mom and I decided the flea is better to attend.

At the end, I talked to a lady that was right behind us. She said that this market used to be way bigger, but with the high price in gas and the space fee some vendors probably decided not to come.

I had a nice time. My mom had a nice time as well. I ate some wondeful crepes cooked by these Franciscan nuns. the crepes were delicious....one of my favorite foods actually Favorite with a capital "F".

I will probably attend again, but not soon enough.

next show will be the overnight flea in Wheaton. Starts at 5:00 p.m. sometime in August. I really would like to go to this. Should be fun. will wear my PJs just in case I want to take a snooze by a tree or under someones table. I will have to remember to bring the bug repellant spray.

Scroll down if you would like to see some of the wonderful treasure's that vendors had at this market. Alot more great finds that were not photographed of course.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

beth said...

your trip to Sandwich looked like a blast, even if it was too pricey !!!

your photos are just so wonderful though....you are great with your camera !!!!

yeah....I think I would stick with Kane county....but hey, like you said....you got a nice day out of it with a drive in the country !!!

Did you buy anything ???....well, besides food, hee hee !!!

missy j said...

Looks like things are going great for you! Only problem, now that you are not in St. Lou, when I see your awesome photos and field trips...I will have to drive too far to get there!
missy

Michel said...

Love the photos of Winefield. It sure looks like an inviting and heavenly place.