Sunday, September 7, 2008

meet our new family member

okay so let me tell you my long story. my oldest is at the I WANT A REPTILE stage. his birthday recently past and ever since it came and went all this boy dreams about it owning some kind of lizard or snake. I believe in the last two months we have been to the pet store at least 6 times just to go look at these little creatures.

well maybe two weeks ago he came home from school with a paper with information about a animal convention nearby. he was talking to a teacher at school and she gave him all the information of this animal sale.

so this past Saturday after my younger son's soccer game the boys were all going to attend. my oldest has been saving his money for a while, but he really did not have enough for all that is needed to keep an animal like this.

so here we are going to the first soccer game when I swear right in front of me someone was throwing out their fish tank. I SCREAMED to my husband look a fish tank. that is what we need. well hubby and I stopped the truck grabbed the fish tank, that was in pretty great condition, and took it to my son's soccer practice where we surprised him.

Now you don't have to buy one. All we had to do was take it home and give it a good cleaning. So to make this long story short. GOD has been listening to my son's prayers of wanting a little friend. We were at the right place at the right time. We got a free fish tank and that same afternoon my son came home with this cute little chameleon. He is very adorable. He was named STRIPES. I thought maybe more like Charlie but that did not go very far.

so just thought I would share with you a picture of our new family member. MEET MR. STRIPES.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Relyn Lawson said...

Yeah for you! I love it when parents forget about convenience and their own comfort and instead choose to make their child's dream come true. Good parenting and a little help from God - now that's a great life for your sons.

firstborn studio said...

sooooooooooooooocute!
the green one and the one holding him!