Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day off + 2 sons + Downtown Chicago + 6 1/2 HRS later


so today I took off... I take these days off to spend some quality time with my boys. I want them to have these wonderful memories so that one day they can look back and remember the times that we spent together.

today we ended up in downtown CHICAGO.... 6 1/2 hours of walking and just hanging out.... it's 1:04 a.m. and I am still wired, but the boys are knocked out on the carpet as they were watching tv and they did not even make it to their beds.

This first pic is from Navy Pier looking directly out at the wonderful lighthouse..... I have always loved that lighthouse... it's just hauntingly beautiful to me.

my boys practicing meditation (of course they are making fun of me) if you look below that is really them especially the picture of them jumping by the bean.

we did end up taking a boat ride and they loved it. I would recommend that to anyone as that gives you an opportunity to take some great pics of Navy Pier and it's surroundings..... I must have taken at least 100 pics so I will be posting more this weekend.

I was dreading going to the city as sometimes I REALLY DON'T or CAN'T handle large crowds, but it ended up being a nice day... and we walked and walked and walked.

We actually ended up at the Taste of Chicago which is going on right now. Of course, I have pics of that tooo..

Oh and if you decide to attend don't forget to get the rainbow ice cream it's towards the fountain.... love that ice cream... the vendor is from the south side.... shout out to my south side peeps out there.... GO SOXs!!!!!

okay it's almost 1:30 and I know if I don't go to bed I am going to pay badly tomorrow..... darn caffeine.

Patti, if you are reading the cemetery where I took all the angel pics is a cemetery on highway 88 towards downtown CHICAGO. You can see it right off the highway to the right and there is an exit that you get off at right before you get to the Harlem exit. Wish I knew the name of the cemetery, but all those pics I took are from there.







1 comment:

Patti said...

Hi Angie! Of course I'm reading...and thanks for the directions. I will add that to my Chicago Summer Bucket List. Wow- you had a beautiful day to wander Chicago which it looks like you guys had a blast doing! How fun- you DID it ALL!!! Happy rest of your weekend!