Thursday, January 15, 2009


hello......
Yes, I am alive, but I can't say that my brain is.
I am going to be honest, I have always been more of a visual person more than anything. I learn how to do stuff by using my sight. I am not a big time reader, but I have had to do a lot of paying attention in the last couple days and I read all day today. I will be in training for the next three months. I wish I could tell you that I spent all day reading something fun, but no not really well maybe if you call INSURANCE POLICY stuff fun.
Okay enough of work because I really don't want to talk about that.
Not a great picture here, but this is a very shabby piece of furniture I bought in MO last year. It is not organized at all and am not sure how I am going to finish it up. I was thinking of either adding some artsy paper to the inside or painting it, but for now it's just going to be adorned some how or another. My brain is totally fried so it's going to have to wait till some of my brain cells start regrowing back. Sorry a little Angie humor. Oh well, I am just being honest.
Have a great rest of the week. I will be back once Friday comes and goes.

10 comments:

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Ooh, I do love that cabinet. What a nice piece!

Jacque said...

I think it looks good just like it is! Would be great for my old toy collection.... Jacque

Mindy said...

Bless your heart. Hate to hear about all that dry reading. Blugh. I love the cabinet. I might throw some old wall paper on top of the shelves and leave it at that. Love it! ~Mindy

trash talk said...

That's a great cabinet. If you're looking for suggestions, I would probably give it a light sanding and briwax the heck out of it. Doesn't change the color but really jazzes things in a good way. Debbie

lindaharre said...

Hi Angie............thoses pieces below are hammered aluminum and usually have a hammered trademark for the artist that designed them. I have a big collection and use them all the time! They clean up beautifully with steel wool (triple 0 weight). I also use those white sponges when it just want to freshen of the finish. I love the pieces you have! L.

Patti said...

Hi Angie~ I am sure you are REALLY looking forward to Friday and a break from all that nasty reading. I love the cabinet- I agree- kind of leave it the way it is but add some paper to the shelves. Can't wait to see what you do to it. Have a great well-desrved weekend!

beth said...

I love this piece exactly the way it is...

this is the kind of vintage that always catches my eye at a flea market and for the past few years, as long as it's clean and doesn't smell, I like to leave them completley untouched !!!

so if you want to save your self time and a headache...well, you could just send it to me and I'll find a home for it....hee hee

lindaharre said...

Angie...........I just got your comment about the Valentine cones! I am sorry, but they are already at the shop:( I need to keep better track.........sorry! hugs, L.

Michel said...

I guess I did something wrong. I didn't see my comment on your white cabinet with the oval plate above it. Anyway, they really compliment each other. Great look. I visited your favorite local antique mall over the weekend but was good and only spent $1.25 (vintage valentine.) I have my eye on some things, though.
Work will get better!

lindaharre said...

Is the Fest you are talking about the one in that little town where we saw you last year? I don't remember when and even the name of the town. HELP!
I have missed you............hope work is going well! hugs, Linda