Thursday, January 8, 2009

hello all......


I just wanted to share a few pics I took today of some of the stuff I unpacked.

Don't know if anyone out there can tell me a little bit about these silver alluminum plates/bowls. I love the detail and I have been seeing them a lot at the thrift stores. My mother loves them and when I started to admire all the detail on them, I started liking them as well. Very lovely and sturdy.



Down below you will see BLUE ----























here we go.... something blue. I really can't say that I am truly into blue until I picked up this beautiful glass cut vase in the perfect color of blue and close by it was this little vintage Christmas pick that I could not resist. Who knew I really would really like blue.



A few pictures down below is a fabric lamp shade cover I bought in MO sometime ago. Don't remember if I bought it at my favorite store in St. Charles, but I love the colors (again the repeat of blue).



And last but not least, I am not sure if I am a true romantic still (maybe deep inside I still am) but I found this wonderful book at Home Goods. It's called Love Letters Lost by Babette Hines and it's wonderful because there are tons of old letters printed and wonderful vintage pictures to go along with it. A romantic book to start getting you ready for VALENTINE!
Well that is it for now. I also have some other pictures I took of this wonderful old mirror, but you will have to come back tomorrow.....

Have a great night!




































































3 comments:

trash talk said...

You've got some great pieces of hammered alluminum. I don't know if they are signed but some names to look for are Everlast, Rodney Kent and Continental. They are from the late 30's thru the 50's. I love the bowl and the pierced handles on the tray. You can probably get a book on them if you want to do more research. Have fun with them. They are great! TMI?? Debbie

Patti said...

Hi! Beautiful stuff Angie- I love the book- that looks really cooly interesting. Isn't it fun to unpack somewhere new? It's like falling in love with oyur things and surroundings all over again. Lots of snow today- stay warm and cozy and relax!!!

Patti

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

That looks like a great book. I'll have to see if there's one at our HomeGoods store next time I'm that way.