Monday, October 27, 2008

This past weekend

this weekend was jam packed with things to do. sometimes I stop and wonder why was I was brought back to IL. well this past week and weekend was the obvious answer to my question. family and friends. TWO very important words. when I lived in St. Louis there was always something missing and that was my family. I thank GOD that he has given me the opportunity now to be able to spend time with them.
Sunday my friend JLO and I went off to the Chicago Antique Market on Randolph. there were a few vendors there even though the winds were very strong yesterday (hence WINDY CITY). there was a point that the wind came at us at high speeds. This caused some of the vendors to loose their products off their tables. I felt bad for them, but what troopers they were.

pictured are few of the things I purchased. YES, I am getting ready for Christmas. I found this small box filled with a few Christmas thingies. I did not see that much which kind of surprised me, but I am sure it's going to start popping up here and there.

I saw Albert from THE FOUND and purchased from him a few cards that he made pictured below. I already know who I am sending the elephant card tooo..... I like it though, I might keep it. JK.

do you see the third picture?.... look at the 1920s picture.....my oh my...love it and my friend JLO bought 3 others and then at the end of the day gave them to me. I really did not want to take them, but she insisted.... THANK you JEN your the best!

the last picture (house/winter scene) I purchased from Albert and I might use it in my holiday cards or paper ornaments.

I love this time of year. I hope my mom makes it back for Thanksgiving. She is with her brothers and sister because of our families loss last week.

I hope that through this post, I got you a bit excited about the upcoming holiday months.

and YES it's VERY COLD OUTSIDE. I swear that earlier there were a few snow flakes falling. NOT LYING.... but thank heavens that it did not stick.

peace to ya!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Welcome, can't wait for are next adventure.