Monday, October 13, 2008

My kind of town CHICAGO is......

before I left to Mo this past Sunday, I was able to visit downtown Chicago. A few months ago, a fellow co-worker had asked me to be her tour guide when she came to visit us here in Chi-town. It was a gorgeous day and her tour started out at NAVY PIER....(MY FAVORITE PLACE). we decided to take a boat ride, at first I was wary to agree because I am not a lover of deep water. I like to admire it from afar not be in it. I don't know how to swim ya'll.

I am glad I agreed because I was able to see Chicago's sky line in a whole different angle. IT IS AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL. Now I remember why I missed Chicago so much when I left. It is such an amazing city. One of the great things about this boat ride was that I was able to see the light house up close. I have always enjoyed photographing it, but this time I was right there.... YAY!!!!!!!

After the ride, we took a long walk on the pier and headed off to get some lunch. there is so much to pick from, but we decided to get CONNIES pizza.
If you ever want some good deep dish pizza I suggest Connies.

Afterwards, she did a little bit of shopping and off we were to the next place on my tour list.

I drove her to the fountain, but it was closed off because of the big race that took place on Sunday. Bummer.... maybe next time.

I then drove her to see the Magnificent Mile. I swear everyone in Chicago was there. Next was the MILLENNIUM park that I myself had never been to. All I have to say is WOW....wow....wow....wow... tooo cool.....

so come back ya'll ya here if you would like to see some more of my Chicago tour pictures.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Patti said...

Hi! Nice pictures Angie! Aren't we lucky we live here? Enjoy your week!

Unknown said...

Hi Angie. I have a page on our website, www.conciergepreferred.com, where I collect interesting blog posts on Navy Pier. Please feel free to come to our site, visit the guides page for Chicago and check it out. If you'd like me to delete your link, no problems. Thanks! Jody Robbins, Managing Editor, ConciergePreferred.com and magazine.