Sunday, October 2, 2011

Michigan Apple Picking - Family Tradition










Apple Picking in Michigan
Since I can remember my parents have always loved to go picking either it be apples or tomatoes... I still remember those long ago memories.  I remember my mother always bringing food and towels so that when we picked tomatoes we would clean them, put salt on them and eat them right on the spot.  It was always fun when we would find the biggest tomatoes or deformed tomatoes...  So the new family tradition with my brother and his wife and their two boys and my two boys and my parents is apple picking.  This is one of the reasons I do not regret having moved back to Illinois... I wanted my children to have memories just like this.  With their family, cousins, uncle and aunt and grandparents.  This was something that was very important to me, this is why I am glad that we moved back.

No comments: