Sunday, October 11, 2009

Downtown Chicago Marathon - Viva SYLVIA




I want to congratulate Sylvia for such a fantastic job running in today's marathon... Sylvia came all the way from Colorado to participate. I believe it was 26 miles and she finished in 3 hours and 41 minutes. She is now qualified to run in the Boston marathon in April of 2010.

Sylvia is a good friend of my cousins and I am so glad my cousin Yoli asked me to go.... What an inspiration all these runners were. I got to see the runners from KENYA, wish I could have taken a better pic but they passed by so fast. The handicapped runners were of great inspiration as well because they were out here proving that they do not need the most important limbs to compete....

I am so happy I went and it was so much fun that I am already planning on being there again next year to support such a great event!

A big thanks to Gary and my cousin Yoli for a wonderful time and Gary thanks for treating us to some wonderful Mexican food at Lalos and for the good conversation we had.....










3 comments:

beth said...

good for her....I'm so impressed !

i used to be a runner, but no more, so I still love those who do :)

Sandy and Joe/rhubarb reign said...

Hi Angie! Great photos and good "reporting"! I have a friend who runs the marathon, too. I'm always in awe. Come and see us at Kane. xo

Patti said...

Great pictures Angie! Glad you got to go and congrats to Sylvia! Two of our teachers ran- one missed the Boston Marathon cup off by 1 second- can you believe that?! Hope all is well with you~

Oh and Lalos??? YUM!!!!! Lucky you!