Sunday, February 21, 2010

getting back to normal in WHEATON


getting back to normal, well at least I hope... after two weekends in the hospital with some kind of stomach virus, a weird rash unbelievably itchy and two sick boys one right after the other....

gosh are we getting back to normal in Wheaton... I truly hope so.

Patti mentioned that we will be getting another snow episode... bummer... I guess SPRING will have to be put on the back burner for now.

Just give me a sunny day, but now it's gloomy again...

This picture was taken last Saturday in downtown WHEATON, I believe this was an old theater. Not sure if they still hold events there... I like the vintage feel.

Well the beginning of January and February have been crazy for us... but good news is the way soon, yes a long awaited vacation at the end of March. SEDONA AZ here we come, never been to the GRAND CANYON so I am totally looking forward to that. Stopping off to see my brother in LAS VEGAS for a few days and off to SEDONA... I heard they have Vortexes and that its beautiful there. Can't wait.. maybe I will fit right in and won't want to come home... maybe just maybe...

Shout out to my friend PATTI, PATTI y0u are right the antique mall in LaGrange is right next to the RR TRACKS and yes I would love to meet you there one day and just look at all the wonderful treasures they have there. Maybe when the weather gets better which I hope is soon after the 6 to 10 inches we are supposed to get by tomorrow..

Well since I am not sick this weekend we are off to Medeival Times today to meet up with an old friend and her kiddies... Wish us luck.... I heard you don't get to use utensils... I am sneaking some plastic untensils in and I am a BIG TIME NAPKIN USER so I am sneaking that in as well.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. JUST ME

3 comments:

Patti said...

Hi!!! Glad things are getting back to Normal! Maybe another trip to Normal IL will cure what ails you- lol. That would be fun to meet- we should have nice normal sunny days maybe in June- I'll see what I have open and pencil you in... (haha). How was Medieval Times?! I laughed thinking of you sneaking in the utensils and napkins- I am sure they were a hit at the table and you were instantly dubbed the "Fun Mom"...I'd be right there with you with the wet naps or whatever they are called! Have a great week and thanks for the shout out!!!

Anita said...

Glad to hear things are on the mend...We were supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow, then they said 6-10" and all we got here was 1 1/2". The kids were let down- counting on a snow day! Come on Spring!

Michel said...

You poor thing! Glad you're getting better, though. I planned to go to Sedona on my trip in 2000 but didn't make it out of Phoenix. You'll love Arizona. It'll be just what the doctor ordered. Those shots with your son and Toby(it's Toby isn't it?) are adorable!